Sunday, March 14, 2010

SHORT LIFE, SHORT SKIRT


Excerpts from the Poem "Short Life, Short Skirt"

"...She threw herself onto the chair and laughed loudly as she kicked her feet up on the coffee table not meant for spiked heels. I marveled at her confidence and her self-awareness and carefree attitude, if I wore a mid-drift top I’d stay standing in the corner arms folded covering myself or at the very least sucking in each time I heard someone pass in case they would enter. But she didn’t care! She let her soft flesh stomach hang out gloriously over the top of the skirt so it looked like a muffin-top.

It didn’t bother her in the least. She indulged in the creamy long glazed split donuts filled with Bavarian cream and drizzled with chocolate and made no apologies as she went for the second. Could it really ever be possible that I could be that comfortable in my own skin – ...

...I will love myself and not feel the need to suck my stomach in, now please alter ego, save a donut for me!"


Photo by RT Norland

No comments:

Post a Comment