Friday, March 12, 2010

ONCE UPON A TIME


Once Upon a Time

“Once upon a time”, they all start that way;
Then a wrench is thrown in to ruin their day.
From an evil nemesis bent on their destruction;
Then saved by some brave or wise one’s instruction.

Now carried off to a ‘happily ever after’,
Frolicking in eternal bliss and laughter.
But fast forward now, six months down the road;
Has the handsome prince reverted back to a toad?

Demanding supper and yelling about his empty cup;
You get a wet hinny ‘cause he left the toilet seat up.
His debonair ways have diminished and faded;
Now you, the beautiful princess have become jaded.

You ponder… what if he hadn’t rescue me that day?
I bet I’d be better off, I’d have found a way
To escape and be free to thrive on my own;
Instead of worshiping at the feet of his stinky throne.

But alas, I’ve made my bed, I guess this is where I’ll lie;
In fairy tale land there’s no divorce – you just have to die!


Katherine Norland © 9-25-07
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment